You know the feeling. Sunday night. School tomorrow. And you really enjoyed sleeping in and doing weekend things and you’re sad because it’s over. The last Sunday night before school starts is the Sunday-Night-Bluest of all of the Sundays. Here are some tips to shake the SNBs, and some things to avoid.
What not to do
- Don’t overdrink. Sure, you’ll forget the SNBs, but you’ll also regret it in the morning.
- Don’t sit in front of the TV playing games on your phone. That’s never a good idea, but it will leave you wishing you had spent your time on something more fun.
- Don’t overwork. Do some work to make your week easier, but don’t cram an extra 9 hours of work into your weekend. Your mind, body, and soul need time to relax and recharge.
What to do
- Pack lunch and pick out tomorrow’s outfit. Make preparations so the morning will be as easy as possible.
- Pick something fantastic to wear tomorrow. My favorite advice from my mother – “When you don’t want to go to work, buy something new to wear.” It takes the edge of. I promise.
- Do something nice for yourself. Mani-pedi is my go-to. Spend the day with friends. See a movie. Read a book. Hit the mall for some retail therapy. Go for a run, hike, or bike ride. Give yourself warm fuzzy memories for tomorrow.
- Go to bed early. Mondays are hard enough. Don’t add tired to your list of complaints.
We got this, Teachers! Tomorrow is going to be a great day, and the beginning of a great new year!