This is a great Halloween self-checking activity to review plate tectonics while creating a fill in the blanks Silly Story. For each question students get correct, they get an opportunity to select a word. When all 10 questions are correct, the words become part of a Silly Story.
Includes questions such as:
- Tectonic plates are pieces of the __ which float on the asthenosphere.(lithosphere)
- A boundary where two tectonic plates move toward each other is called a __ boundary. (convergent)
- 200 million years ago, all of the continents were joined in a supercontinent called __. (Pangea)
Includes 4 versions and answer keys:
- self checking digital worksheet (uses Google Sheets)
- modified self checking digital worksheet (includes word box for students needing support) [Note: Words in the word box get crossed out automatically when they are used.]
- printable PDF worksheet
- printable Silly Stories activity.
- modified printable PDF worksheet with word box
Easy to use – you’ll be purchasing a PDF with a forced copy links to Google Sheets. Share with your students, allowing each of them to make a copy.
Answer key included.