Cardboard tube science – Save your toilet paper and paper towel tubes! Here are 9 science activities you can do in your middle school classroom with your cardboard tubes!
- Tunnels and support structures for your marble roller coasters or marble run walls.
- Build bridges or or hold tallest tower contests.
- Build a model rocket, dinosaur, or robot.
- Use the paper towel tubes as a base for your rubber band, ping pong ball, pom pom, or cotton ball launcher.
- Cardboard tubes make great balloon cars.
- Use paper towel tubes as the structural support for a pulley engineering game.
- Small cardboard tubes make great containers for soil to start seeds.
- Smear the cardboard tubes with peanut butter and roll them in bird seed for an easy bird feeder activity.
- Create mystery tubes from small toilet paper tubes and use them to introduce scientific inquiry.