This basketball resource engages middle school students in using the scientific method to collect and analyze data using basketballs. Apply theoretical physical science to practical situations. Suitable for groups or individual work.
- 3 short reading passages:
- The Origin of Basketball
- How are basketballs made
- How does hang time work.
- 3 hands on activities:
- How do the player’s senses affect their accuracy?
- How does the surface affect the bounce?
- How does air pressure affect the bounce?
- Teacher’s Guide with pacing and ideas to differentiate.
- Student handout with directions and analysis questions for each hands on activity.