To play as a Jigsaw:
Divide students into groups and have each group research a different aspect of Thanksgiving and how it relates to science. Here are some ideas:
- Why is some turkey meat white and some dark?
- How are footballs made?
- What does brining do to a turkey?
- Why do leaves change color in the fall?
- Does turkey make you sleepy?
- Are sweet potatoes and yams the same thing?
- Why are cranberries so good for you?
- What’s the secret to flaky pie crust?
- How does selective breeding make a bigger turkey?
- Why are there so many types of apples?
Then, after groups have researched their topic, redistribute the groups and let students share what they learned with each other.
To play as a digital escape room:
Great exit ticket idea – What interesting fact are you going to share with your family at Thanksgiving dinner?