Middle school science students use CER or Claim-Evidence-Reasoning statements to make a claim about a scientific question, provide evidence supporting their claim, and then describe the reasoning connecting the evidence to the reasoning. This resource helps students learn the parts of a CER and begin to write a basic CER using general knowledge questions.
- 3 page Teachers Guide including an explanation of the parts of a CER and tips and tricks to help students write comprehensive CER statements.
- 1 page CER template – printable PDF and digital shareable Google Doc
- Activity 1 – Parts of a CER – 3 page worksheet with background info for students on what a CER is and 9 practice problems asking students to highlight the claim, evidence, and reasoning of each statement. Provided as a printable PDF and as a digital shareable Google Doc.
- Activity 2 – Writing a CER – 5 page worksheet with background info for students on how to write a CER and 9 practice problems asking students to write CERs based on general knowledge questions.
- Suggested answer keys for all activities provided.
There are no reviews yet.